Astros vs. Orioles Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 18
The AL West-leading Houston Astros (84-66) host the AL East-leading Baltimore Orioles (93-56) at 8:10 PM ET on Monday.
The Astros will give the ball to Justin Verlander (11-8, 3.39 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 12 on the season, and the Orioles will turn to John Means (0-1, 5.40 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Orioles Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Monday, September 18, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Verlander - HOU (11-8, 3.39 ERA) vs Means - BAL (0-1, 5.40 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Orioles Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Orioles|
|Astros vs Orioles Odds|
|Astros vs Orioles Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Justin Verlander
- Verlander (11-8) will take the mound for the Astros, his 25th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs in seven innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 40-year-old has an ERA of 3.39 and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .230 in 24 games this season.
- In 24 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 12 of them.
- Verlander will look to finish five or more innings for the 18th start in a row.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 24 chances this season.
Orioles Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: John Means
- The Orioles will look to Means (0-1) to open the game and make his second start this season.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, the left-hander threw five innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, allowing three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In one games this season, he has put up a 5.40 ERA and averages 1.8 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .211 against him.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.