Astros vs. Athletics: Odds, spread, over/under - May 21
On Sunday, May 21, Yordan Alvarez's Houston Astros (26-19) host Brent Rooker's Oakland Athletics (10-37) at Minute Maid Park. The first pitch will be thrown at 2:10 PM ET.
The Astros are favored in this one, at -350, while the underdog Athletics have +280 odds to upset. Houston is favored on the run line (-2.5). The total is 8.5 runs for the matchup (with -110 odds to go over and -110 odds to go under).
Astros vs. Athletics Time and TV Channel
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Probable Pitchers: Framber Valdez - HOU (3-4, 2.84 ERA) vs James Kaprielian - OAK (0-3, 10.17 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup posted at multiple sportsbooks.
|Astros Moneyline||Athletics Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-380||+310||-||8.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-350||+280||Astros (-2.5)||8.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-370||+300||-||8.5||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-350||+290||Astros (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Have the urge to put money on the Astros' game against the Athletics but aren't sure how to get started? We're here to help. Betting the moneyline, run line, and total are a few of the most common ways to make bets. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- for example, the Astros (-350) -- will win the contest. Pretty simple. If you bet $10 on the Astros to take down the Athletics with those odds, and the Astros emerge with the victory, you'd get back $12.86.
Plus, there are lots of other ways to play, like player props (will Kyle Tucker hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings), and more. For more details on the many ways you can play, check out the BetMGM website and app.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|Astros vs Athletics Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Astros vs Athletics|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros vs. Athletics Betting Trends and Insights
- The Astros have won 17, or 54.8%, of the 31 games they've played as favorites this season.
- The Astros have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -350 or shorter.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 77.8% chance of a victory for Houston.
- The Astros played eight of their last 10 games as a moneyline favorite, and won all of them.
- Over its last 10 outings -- all had a set run total -- Houston and its opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times.
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 45 games this season and have come away with the win 10 times (22.2%) in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have given the Athletics the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +280 moneyline listed for this contest.
- In 10 games as underdogs over the last 10 matchups, the Athletics have a record of 2-8.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Oakland and its opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
Astros vs. Athletics Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Jose Altuve||0.5 (-222)||1.5 (+130)||0.5 (+500)||0.5 (+200)|
|Kyle Tucker||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+110)||0.5 (+360)||0.5 (+140)|
|Yordan Alvarez||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (-105)||0.5 (+240)||0.5 (+120)|
|José Abreu||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+125)||0.5 (+525)||0.5 (+160)|
|Yainer Diaz||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (-154)||0.5 (+600)||0.5 (+200)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Astros, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Astros Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||AL West Rank|
|Win World Series||+750||4th||1st|
|Win AL West||-140||-||1st|
Think the Astros can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Houston and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.