How to Watch the Astros vs. Athletics Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for May 21
Published: May. 21, 2023 at 7:10 AM CDT|Updated: May. 21, 2023 at 1:10 PM CDT
Framber Valdez takes the mound for the Houston Astros on Sunday at Minute Maid Park against Esteury Ruiz and the Oakland Athletics. First pitch is at 2:10 PM ET.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this game and make sure you don't miss any of the action all season long!
Bet with the King of Sportsbooks! Check out the latest odds and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Astros vs. Athletics Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Read More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|Astros vs Athletics Pitching Matchup|
|Astros vs Athletics Odds|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Astros are 25th in baseball with 40 total home runs.
- Houston ranks 23rd in baseball, slugging .380.
- The Astros have the 15th-ranked batting average in the league (.246).
- Houston has the No. 18 offense in MLB action, scoring 4.4 runs per game (199 total runs).
- The Astros are 19th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .314.
- The Astros strike out 8.1 times per game, the sixth-fewest average in the majors.
- Houston's pitching staff is No. 1 in MLB with a collective 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Houston's 3.28 team ERA leads all MLB pitching staffs.
- The Astros have the fifth-lowest WHIP in MLB (1.214).
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher
- Valdez (3-4) gets the starting nod for the Astros in his 10th start of the season. He's put together a 2.84 ERA in 57 2/3 innings pitched, with 65 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday, the left-hander went four innings against the Chicago Cubs, allowing four earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Valdez has collected seven quality starts this year.
- Valdez will try to record his ninth outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 6.3 innings per appearance.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Astros Starter||Opponent Starter|
|5/15/2023||Cubs||W 6-4||Home||Framber Valdez||Jameson Taillon|
|5/16/2023||Cubs||W 7-3||Home||Cristian Javier||Justin Steele|
|5/17/2023||Cubs||W 7-6||Home||J.P. France||Drew Smyly|
|5/19/2023||Athletics||W 5-1||Home||Brandon Bielak||Ken Waldichuk|
|5/20/2023||Athletics||W 3-2||Home||Hunter Brown||JP Sears|
|5/21/2023||Athletics||-||Home||Framber Valdez||James Kaprielian|
|5/22/2023||Brewers||-||Away||Cristian Javier||Corbin Burnes|
|5/23/2023||Brewers||-||Away||J.P. France||Corbin Burnes|
|5/24/2023||Brewers||-||Away||Brandon Bielak||Adrian Houser|
|5/26/2023||Athletics||-||Away||Hunter Brown||Kyle Muller|
|5/27/2023||Athletics||-||Away||Framber Valdez||Drew Rucinski|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.