About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
KNOE 8 News is looking for a journalist with a passion for storytelling to join our team. This position requires solid reporting on all types of daily news stories with an emphasis on accuracy and quality. The position also requires the ability to cover breaking news, anchor weekend newscasts for our CBS affiliate, and report three days during the workweek.
• Anchor live television broadcasts on weekend for KNOE 8 News, and also fill-in on other newscasts as needed
• A proven track record of finding unique stories
• Ability to deliver information live on television using a ‘one man band’ set up of camera, and TVU backpack
• Editing video for broadcast
• Engaging with audience on social media platforms
• Shooting video on professional cameras for broadcast
• Posting content to digital platforms, to include the station’s site as well as social media
• Appear at station sponsored events and promote station/brand
• Willingness to work weekends/holidays and ‘nonbusiness’ hour shifts
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Great communication and people skills
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter with a willingness to learn
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings