About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
KNOE-TV has an immediate, full-time opening for a Technical Media Producer / Newscast Director. Technical Media Producers work in KNOE's state-of-the-art media control center and are responsible for directing both live and pre-recorded productions, as well as processing content for two television stations and KNOE.com. This is an opportunity to build your career in the constantly evolving television industry while refining your own skills with cutting edge technology. This is a career opportunity to join the award-winning team behind the number one news station in the ArkLaMiss.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Work alongside news producers and other newsroom staff to create, code, and direct dynamic, fast-paced, top-rated newscasts and programming
• Coordinate live acquisition of reporters and news video utilizing ENG microwave and IP-based video transmission platforms
• Design compelling and engaging graphics and visual elements to help our journalists communicate their stories
• Monitor on-air signals for KNOE, ingest daily programming and commercials, and operate the Master Control automation system
• Be responsible for regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio, including lighting, cameras, and sets
• Occasional operation of studio teleprompter, floor directing, and various other duties as assigned will be required
• The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
• Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high stress environment under deadline pressure
• Able to work well with a team (but be equally comfortable working individually)
• Flexible to work mornings, nights, weekends, out-of-town assignments, and changing schedules
• Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more
• Computer literacy is a must
• Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
• While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required
• Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive and Vision switchers, Ross Xpression Graphics, NVerzion Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a definite plus
To apply please do so online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.