Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
Number One Rated KNOE 8 News, Your Breaking News & Weather Authority, Monroe, LA seeks a News Producer for its award winning newscasts. Our newscasts are among the highest rated newscasts in the nation.
Candidates must have professional newscast producing experience and a related degree. We seek a creative producer who will focus his or her efforts on infusing the newscasts with new content and relevance. The successful candidate must have a passion for producing, strong editorial judgment, excellent writing skills and a strong command of social media and its use in promoting news. Successful applicants will have a desire to build a career in newsroom management. Experience with ENPS is desired.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce engaging, informative and unique broadcast content
- Write and post numerous stories for all digital platforms
- Use editorial judgment to present stories that matter to the audience
- Booth television content from the control room
- Coordinate live shots
- Be able to control and monitor breaking news and weather situations
- Engage viewers on social media to enhance the broadcast experience
- Perform any other actions as asked by the News Director
- Strong initiative and persistent attention to detail is required
- Be able to write clearly and accurately great grammar
- Produces newscasts including stacking, writing scripts, editing copy, making/ordering graphics to fit stories, making maps, coordinating live shots with directors, production staff, and reporters
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
- Must possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a collaborative manner with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
- Ability to keep up with national and local news/weather is required
- Ability to enterprise local hard-news stories is required
- Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications and Internet use
- College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience
- 1 year of local television news experience or equivalent
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Drug screening required for employment
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings