Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE is a CBS Affiliate - #1 rated legacy station located in the N.E. Region of Louisiana. For 65 years KNOE has been the dominant station for News and Entertainment. KNOE serves 16 parishes and 2 counties in the Ark-La-Miss. KNOE’s digital platforms average 2.5 million page views per month. KNOE along with our two sister stations, KAQY-ABC & KNOE –CW, provide a full complement of News and Entertainment to the Ark-La-Miss.
KNOE 8 News has an immediate opening for an Operations Supervisor. The Operations Supervisor will work in KNOE’s state-of-the-art control center and will be responsible for directing live and pre-recorded productions, as well as processing content for two television stations and KNOE.com. The Operations Supervisor will be in charge of seven employees who also direct newscasts and operate master control duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage seven people who direct newscasts and operate master control
• Manage quality control workflow to make sure all programs and commercials are prepared and ready to air.
• Prepare and direct live and pre-recorded productions for KNOE and KAQY, and KNOE.com
• Work with other departments including KNOE’s newsroom to coordinate and produce top-rated television and digital programs
• Monitor on-air signals for KNOE, KAQY and KCWL and ingest daily programming and commercials
• Operate Ross Overdrive automation (including Cambotics robotic cameras, Ross Vision series switcher and audio console), Nverzion, Xpression, and supporting equipment in KNOE control center
• Occasional operation of Edius editing software
• Occasional Operation of studio teleprompter
• Regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio
• Work closely with other departments to meet daily demands as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
• Team player with professional attitude and strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task under time-sensitive deadlines
• Strong technical and computing skills
• Previous newscast directing and master control experience is preferred
• Experience with Ross Overdrive, Xpression, and Nverzion
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
APPLY NOW AT [GRAY.TV]