About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
Our portfolio includes the number-one and/or number-two ranked television station operations in essentially all of our markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
KNOE 8 News seeks a talented and energetic journalist to join our award-winning teams. We are looking for a qualified Meteorologist who can prepare and deliver weather forecasts and weather information for the Morning and Noon weekday newscasts. Weather is a critical need for viewers. The public’s safety is a vital concern for us and we take our responsibility very seriously.
• Analyze weather data and prepare detailed forecasts
• Prepare graphics to support weather presentation
• Conversational On-air presentation
• Flexible schedule for severe weather scenarios
• Work closely with news management in designing presentation style and editorial content for weather presentations
• Post content to website and station social media platforms
• A Bachelor’s degree in meteorology
• Prior experience as a broadcast meteorologist (amount will vary depending on specific position)
• Strong on-air communication skills
• Ability to work as part of an on-air team and part of a weather team
• Knowledge with WSI Max and their various platforms a plus
• Ability to be creative with graphic design and presentation
• Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast weather
• Proficient in social media platforms
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.