Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
KNOE, the award-winning CBS affiliate in Monroe, LA is looking for an aggressive multi-media journalist who is passionate about covering local news. We are looking for an experienced MMJ who isn't afraid to head out into the field to cover breaking news and weather, do creative live shots, and fight to be the lead every day. We are looking for someone with at least one year of professional experience at a commercial television station as a reporter or MMJ. Candidate must be able to tell great stories about real people and enterprise content on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Research, gather, shoot, write, edit and report news stories for on-air and online
* Report live on the scene, especially during breaking news
* Research stories and conduct interviews in the field
* Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
* Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others
* Utilize non-linear editing equipment (Edius)
* Enterprise hard-news, research-driven stories
* Participate in story selection process through meetings, daily contribution of story ideas
* Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web and social media
* Make regular beat checks
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned
* Ability to write in a clear, concise, conversational manner
* Strong interview and conversational writing skills
* Live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
* Basic computer knowledge, including newsroom software (such as ENPS & Edius)
* Carry, shoot and edit video with digital cameras
* Ability to Produce and post content to our websites and digital assets
* Willingness to work independently with limited supervision
* Able to work well in a team environment
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
* Strong initiative and attention to detail
* Solid news judgment and journalistic ethics
* Maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
* Must stay current with national and local news/weather, know what is going on in the community
* Outdoor work in all weather conditions is to be expected in this position
* Some nights, weekends and holidays required. Schedule changes should be expected
* Occasional travel is required
* Must hold a valid driver's license, be insurable and pass a mandatory drug screening
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.