About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE is a CBS Affiliate - #1 rated legacy station located in the N.E. Region of Louisiana. For 65 years KNOE has been the dominant station for News and Entertainment. KNOE serves 16 parishes and 2 counties in the Ark-La-Miss. KNOE’s digital platforms average 2.5 million page views per month. KNOE along with our two sister stations, KAQY-ABC & KCWL-CW, provide a full complement of News and Entertainment to the Ark-La-Miss.
KNOE 8 News seeks a talented and energetic journalist to join our award-winning teams. We are looking for a qualified Meteorologist who can prepare and deliver weather forecasts and weather information as part of the overall KNOE 8 News presentation. Weather is a critical need for viewers. The public’s safety is a vital concern for us and we take our responsibility very seriously.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Analyze weather data and prepare detailed forecasts
• Prepare graphics to support weather presentation
• Conversational On-air presentation
• Flexible schedule for severe weather scenarios
• Work closely with news management in designing presentation style and editorial content for weather presentations
• Post content to website and station social media platforms
• A Bachelor’s degree in meteorology
• Prior experience as a broadcast meteorologist (amount will vary depending on specific position)
• Strong on-air communication skills
• Ability to work as part of an on-air team and part of a weather team
• Knowledge with WSI Max and their various platforms a plus
• Ability to be creative with graphic design and presentation
• Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast weather
• Proficient in social media platforms
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.