About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports, and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
This is not a position for beginners. The right candidate will have a demonstrated track record of best practices, including solid broadcast writing, real-time management of live assets, and development of showcased strong leads.
KNOE 8 News committed to Breaking News, Investigative, and In-Depth reporting. We’ve been honored by the Louisiana-Mississippi Associated Press for our coverage, including breaking weather, sports, and response to regional tragedies. Our Executive Producer will thrive on this unscripted, continuous coverage. It doesn’t happen every day, but when it does, we go big. You should know how to lead this effort, and get excited to help our producing team grow.
Our Executive Producer will also help us grow as a Digital First newsroom. Our approach is simple: Break news on Digital, Push it on Social, and add Emotion and Texture on TV. This newsroom mentor will coach other producers to be better journalists, focusing on writing, story treatment, and content engagement. He/She will also aggressively look for opportunities to include Happening Now, Breaking News, and News Alerts consistently in all dayparts.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Along with newsroom management, sets tone for look, pacing, and flow of newscasts
• Aggressively seeks opportunities to cover breaking news on all platforms
• Commits to giving each newscast different personalities by diversifying content
• Helps create newsroom Standard Operating Procedures to affect best practices across all dayparts
• Ensures all stories are showcased appropriately, focusing on layered coverage, and using available elements, including maps, graphics, live pictures, and video setups
• Works with the production department to implement new technology
• Copy edits scripts to ensure accuracy, fairness, and deliverability
• Works with Producers and Directors to stage special segments and in-studio guests
• Works with corporate Graphics hub to create customs graphics, opens, and transitions
• Inspires producers and directors to create “planned elements of surprise” during the newscast
• Collaborates with other daypart leaders to create and showcase newsroom projects
• Helps supervise station Special Projects, including promotable stories, live remotes and pre-produced shows
• Newsroom Management experience a plus
• Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
• A demonstrated record of affecting change through positive interaction
• 2-3 years of newsroom producing experience, with a track record of strong showcasing, during top newscasts
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.