Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports, and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV is a CBS Affiliate - #1 rated legacy station located in the N.E. Region of Louisiana. For 65 years KNOE has been the dominant station for News and Entertainment. KNOE serves 16 parishes and 2 counties in the Ark-La-Miss. KNOE’s digital platforms average 2.5 million page views per month. KNOE along with our two sister stations, KAQY-ABC & KCWL-CW, provide a full complement of News and Entertainment to the Ark-La-Miss.
KNOE, has an immediate opening for an experienced News Anchor for our Monday – Friday 6pm and 10pm newscasts. The ideal candidate has a passion for broadcast journalism and will deliver the news in an engaging, energetic manner. Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor live television broadcasts for our CBS evening newscasts (6:00 pm and 10:00 pm) Monday-Friday, and also fill-in on other newscasts as needed.
• Willingness to work weekends/holidays and ‘non-business’ hour shifts
• Ability to engage with the audience from the anchor desk, not just read a teleprompter. Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
• Use editorial judgment to help determine the content of the newscasts.
• Along with newsroom management, sets the tone for look, pacing, and flow of newscasts
• Serve as mentor and teacher to team of reporters and producers
• Enterprise and pitch daily relevant news story ideas.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Capable of shooting and editing video; familiarity with Edius and ENPS a plus
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• Engaging with the audience on social media platforms
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Possess great live reporting skills for field anchoring and breaking news
• Aggressively seeks opportunities to cover breaking news on all platforms
• Commits to giving each newscast different personalities by diversifying content
• Copy edits scripts to ensure accuracy, fairness, and deliverability
• Inspires producers and directors to create “planned elements of surprise” during the newscast
• Collaborates with other day part leaders to create and showcase newsroom projects
• Produce newscasts when needed.
• Appear at station sponsored events and promote station/brand
• Other Duties as Assigned
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
• Ability to communicate professionally on-air and with co-workers
• Ability to write for on-air, web stories and social media
• Ability to field anchor major news events live in the field
• Knowledge of journalism ethics and legal issues
• Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
• A demonstrated record of affecting change through positive interaction
• A proven track record of finding unique stories
• Great communication and people skills
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter with a willingness to learn
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to anchor every type of story
• Possess strong leadership skills, exceptional news judgment and professional knowledge of news operations are required.
• Be a quick thinker ready for anything, and have strong ad-lib abilities
• Five years of reporting experience and at least two years of anchoring experience.
• College degree in journalism or related field is preferable.
• Newsroom Management experience a plus
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
• Must have a college degree in a related field or equivalent job experience in the journalism-related field.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.