Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
Gray Television seeks a Digital Content Producer whose primary focus will be to develop and expand our brand reach through emerging technologies and trends and broaden communication with our viewers in conjunction with our on-air product. The ideal candidate has an intense curiosity about the future of how viewers interact with each other, consume and engage with content, and develop loyalty to brands. They will be a strong leader, mentor, and strategist. They understand the importance of emerging technologies and will be able to extend, integrate KNOE 8 News and KNOE event content within established (online, social, mobile, etc.) and emerging channels (mobile tv, apps, etc.)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Writing for all platforms, on-air (tickers), website, social media, mobile platforms
• Manage social media output across all channels, delivering a regular flow of posts every day. Drive traffic to the KNOE website
• Grow KNOE’s audience, and help news personalities grow in key social media channels
• Keep all team members informed by sharing knowledge of new social media developments
• Be internally and externally recognized as an ambassador for KNOE.com
• Ensure that the brand standards are met across all platforms
• Knowledge of graphic, motion and multimedia software, such as photo editing software, Google Drive, and Apps
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication Journalism or related field is preferred
• Strong writing skills
• Prior news writing experience is preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel; HTML, and the capabilities of web browsers
• Ability and willingness to work hard in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment
Please apply online at: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray TV's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.