Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest-rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best in the news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. In addition to providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
KNOE 8 News, Your Breaking News & Weather Authority, Monroe, LA seeks a Chief Meteorologist for our number one award-winning newscasts. Responsibilities will include producing and anchoring weathercasts, assisting in our award-winning severe weather coverage and performing other weather-related duties as assigned. This position is for a leader and someone who enjoys mentoring our weather staff.
• Lead a weather team to provide complete weather coverage
• Teach and mentor two meteorologists, weather producer, and interns
• Must be creative in presenting the daily weather story with an emphasis on accuracy and responsibility
• Must be proficient with WSI Max
• Anchor, go live in the field, fill in on other newscasts as needed and report weather-related stories
• Use social media platforms effectively, especially during severe weather
• Work constructively with the News Director and consultants to develop on-air look and presence
• Participate in station community events
• Degree in meteorology and at least TWO years on-air experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technologically savvy with strong computer skills and ability to create effective weather graphics
• Ability to shoot and edit video desired
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings