Study: Louisiana worst in energy consumption, water quality, and recycling
Louisiana is ranked last when it comes to being green, according to a study by WalletHub.
The state ranked last in energy consumption, water quality, and recycling.
“WalletHub compared each of the 50 states on 27 key metrics. Our data set ranges from LEED-certified buildings per capita to share of energy consumption from renewable resources,” the company wrote in a news release.
In order to determine the greenest states, WalletHub compared the 50 states across three key dimensions: 1) Environmental Quality, 2) Eco-Friendly Behaviors and 3) Climate-Change Contributions.
- Louisiana ranked last in Environmental Quality
- Louisiana ranked last in Eco-Friendly Behaviors
- Louisiana ranked 49th in Climate-Change Contributions
- Louisiana ranked last in water quality (Tied with OK, MD, & KY)
- Louisiana ranked 49th in LEED-Certified Buildings*
- Louisiana ranked last for highest energy consumption (Tied with AK & WY)