MONROE, La. (KNOE) - Several school districts in northeast Louisiana will serve meals to students while schools are closed due to COVID-19.
According to the Catahoula Parish School District’s Facebook, students will be able to pick up breakfast and lunch from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Thursday of each week. This starts Monday, March 16.
Below is a list where students can pick up their meals:
• Block High School--pick up at Jonesville Elementary
• Central High School--drive in by the classroom buildings and gym and stop at side-walk to cafeteria building. An employee will help you from there.
• Harrisonburg High School--pick up meals at door to cafeteria
• Jonesville Elementary--pick up meals at end door of cafeteria
• Sicily Island High--drive in by elementary building and around to cafeteria. An employee will help you from there.
All meals will be distributed outside of the school buildings.
Franklin Parish says meals will continue to be made available to their students between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at the following sites:
Winnsboro Elem. - For all students living in Winnsboro, including those attending Fort Necessity, Baskin, Crowville, and FPHS.
Baskin School - Students attending Baskin that live in Winnsboro will pick up meals at Winnsboro Elementary.
Crowville School - Crowville students living in Winnsboro will pick up meals at Winnsboro Elementary.
Fort Necessity - Fort Necessity students living in Winnsboro will pick up meals at Winnsboro Elementary.
Gilbert Junior High - All Wisner and Gilbert students
Head Start - Pick up meals at the school in your community (ex. Winnsboro at WES, Wisner at Gilbert, etc.)
All Franklin Parish School students and students attending Horace White will be served meals in the community/school zone where they live. (Ex. If you live in Wisner, you will be served at Gilbert -- if you live in the Crosville district you will be served at Crowville School, if you live in Winnsboro you will be served at Winnsboro Elementary School.)
A student must be present at his/her designated school to receive meals.
According to Lincoln Parish School’s Facebook page, breakfast bags and lunch bags will be served from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday. Students will be met at the car-line sites with the meals, so you won’t have to leave your car.
This will continue until the scheduled Spring Break, which begins March 30. It will resume on April 6. The bags will be available at the following schools:
• Ruston Elementary (includes LPECC)
• Choudrant High (includes Choudrant Elementary)
• IA Lewis
• Cypress Springs (includes RHS)
• Glenview (includes RJHS)
Ouachita Parish Schools will be providing to-go breakfast and lunch meals for children 18 and under beginning March 17. OPSB will not be feeding during regularly scheduled holiday periods.
Pick-up will be at one of the following locations from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. free of charge.
• Calhoun Elementary School
• Drew Elementary School
• Jack Hayes Elementary School
• Kiroli Elementary School
• Ouachita Junior High School
• Richwood Middle School
• Riser Elementary/Middle School
• Riverbend Elementary School
• Robinson Elementary School
• Sterlington Middle School
• Swartz Upper Elementary School
• Woodlawn Elementary School
Monroe City schools will be serving breakfast and lunch at seven schools. Pick-up times will be from 10:30 a.m. to noon. This will start Tuesday, March 17. The schools students can go to are listed below:
• Barkdull Faulk Elementary
• Berg Jones Elementary
• Madison James Foster Elementary
• Roy Neal Shelling Elementary
• Sallie Humble Elementary
• Carroll Junior High
• Wossman High School
The Union Parish Child Nutrition Department will be serving any child who is 18 years of age or younger bagged breakfasts and lunches Mondays through Fridays. Parents will be able to drive through and pick up the meals. This will start Tuesday, March 17.
Children must be present to receive the meals, but do NOT have to be a student at the school to receive the meals.
Locations and times of service are below:
• Bernice High School Parking lot 9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
• D’arbonne Woods Charter School 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• Downsville Community Charter School 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• Cross Roads Baptist Church 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• Farmerville Rec. Center 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• Farmerville Red Hill Apartments 10:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
• Farmerville Union Village Apartments 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m.
• Marion High School parking lot 9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
•Union Parish High School (back parking lot) 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
•Spearsville Town Hall 11 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
The Tensas Parish School Food Service program will begin serving grab and go breakfast and lunch meals (given together) free of charge beginning March 18. Meals will be served Monday through Friday from March 18 to April 3 at the sites and times below.
Each pick-up site will have 100 breakfast and 100 lunch meals for distribution. Meals will be provided for children only (18 years old and younger) regardless of school affiliation.
• Newellton Elementary School parking lot 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
• Waterproof -- Old Cross Keys Bank on Main Street 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
• St. Joseph -- THS Cafeteria (behind school -- pick up only) 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
According to the Louisiana Department of Education’s website, breakfast and lunch meals will be served from 7:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Mondays through Fridays at Claiborne Christian School.
To visit the Louisiana Department of Education’s complete list, vist their website here.
West Carroll Schools
The following information was published on West Carroll Parish School Board's Facebook page.