Louisiana woman dies in weekend house fire

Source: Louisiana Office of State Fire Marshal

OPELOUSAS, La. (AP) - The Louisiana State Fire Marshal's Office says a woman has died in a house fire.

Spokeswoman Ashley Rodrigue says in a news release that the woman's body was found in bed after the Opelousas (op-uh-LOO-suhs) Fire Department was called early Sunday.

Her identification and cause of death were pending autopsy, but she's believed to be the 70-year-old homeowner.

Rodrigue says the fire started in the kitchen, and investigators think electrical factors contributed.

She says investigators didn't find any smoke alarms in the house.

(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)