Kitchen fire gets out-of-hand on Desiard

MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - Monroe fire crews are cleaning up after putting out an apartment fire on Desiard Street Friday evening.

It happened at an apartment complex and involved one unit and was isolated to that one department.

The occupant was apparently cooking when things got out of control. That person was able to escape safely.

We will have more on what happened Friday night at 10:00 on KNOE 8 News and KAQY News Now.

Apartment complex fire isolated to one apartment. The occupant says it started in the kitchen as he was cooking