Advertisement

Officials: Hoverboard causes Monroe house fire

(WILX)
Published: Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:03 PM CDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Fire officials say a hoverboard is to blame for causing a fire at a Monroe home Thursday night.

The fire happened around 9 p.m. at a home in the 2000 block of Laymen Drive, a part of the Tri-City Subdivision. Witnesses tell KNOE that a hoverboard "blew up," in an upstairs room in the home. Investigators say no one was injured.

Monroe Fire Chief says this is the first hoverboard-related fire in Monroe.

Hoverboard fires have been a problem in the past. The Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled more than 500,000 hoverboards last July after receiving dozens of reports of hoverboard battery packs exploding or catching on fire.

To find out if your hoverboard has been recalled visit: https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/Self-Balancing-Scooters-Hoverboards-Recalled-by-10-Firms/

Latest News

Latest News