NORTHEAST, La (KNOE) - **Northeast Louisiana Red Cross
The local red cross is on standby for harvey relief.
Right now, it's only asking for money.
Officials say it allows them more flexibility to fit their needs.
They say other items cost them money for storage and transportation.
Members of Harmony Baptist Church say they have families in the affected areas, and they want to help.
They're teaming up with seven other churches to collect items like food, bottled water, baby necessities, and pet food.
**Homeland Bank teams up with nearby churches
It's asking for cleaning supplies and everyday necessities like water and soap.
All the items will go into buckets that'll be sent to Texas and south Louisiana.
-liquid dish soap
- bottles of concentrated disinfectant
-bottle of Gatorade
-anything you think cleaning wise and can fit in a bucket
DROP OFF LOCATIONS:
2591 TOWER DRIVE
2103 NORTH 7TH STREET
WEST MONROE, LA
**Union Parish Library is joining forces with Union Thrift Inc.
-Collecting and sending goods to Texas
Town of Oak Grove teams up with 1st United Methodist Church
The church and town are collecting cleaning kits.
The church and town hopes to help as many Harvey victims has they can.
Anyone from the parish can stop by to donate.
Instructions for creating a flood (cleaning) bucket
• 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid: Available at hardware and supply stores, or restaurants. Do not use buckets which have stored chemicals.
• Liquid laundry detergent — 1 50-oz. or 2 25-oz. bottle(s) only
• Liquid household cleaner — 12- to 16-oz. liquid cleaner that can be mixed with water, no spray cleaners
• Dish soap — 16- to 28-oz. bottle any brand
• 1 can air freshener — Aerosol or pump
• 1 insect repellant spray — 6‐ to 14-oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover
• 1 scrub brush — Plastic or wooden handle
• 18 cleaning wipes — Handi Wipes or reusable wipes; no terry cleaning towels, remove from packaging
• 7 sponges — No cellulose sponges due to mold issues; remove from wrapper.
• 5 scouring pads — no stainless steel, Brillo pads, or SOS pads (nothing with soap built in), remove from wrapper
• 50 clothespins
• Clothesline — 1 100-ft. or 2 50-ft. lines, cotton or plastic
• 24-roll heavy-duty trash bags — 33‐ to 45-gallon sizes, remove from the box.
• 5 dust masks
• 2 pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves — Should be durable enough for multiple uses, remove from packaging.
•1 pair work gloves — Cotton with leather palm or all leather.
Place all liquid items in the bucket first. Place remaining items in the bucket, fitting them around and between the liquid items. Sponges, scouring pads, clothespins, and trash bags can be separated in order to fit all of the items in the bucket. Ensure the lid is closed securely.
• All items must be new except for the actual bucket and lid.
• All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic containers. No powders, please.
• If you cannot find the requested size of a liquid item, use a smaller size. Including larger sizes of any item will prevent the lid from sealing.
• If all of the items on the list are not included, please put a label on the bucket indicating what has been omitted.
For more information please call City Hall at 318-428-3275 or the First United Methodist Church of Oak Grove.