Advertisement

Court records detail drive-by shooting at Duck Dynasty star's property

Daniel King Jr. / Source: OPSO
Daniel King Jr. / Source: OPSO(KNOE)
Published: Apr. 27, 2020 at 11:15 AM CDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A man accused of firing upon a property owned by "Duck Dynasty" star Willie Robertson says his gun "went off numerous times" while he was checking the safety, according to court documents.

Daniel King Jr. is accused of shooting at two homes on the same property in Ouachita Parish. The sheriff's office says it happened around 2:30 p.m. on April 24, 2020.

According to a court affidavit, the passenger of a truck fired a .380 caliber gun numerous times, hitting one of the homes through an outer window. Three people occupied the home that was hit. Five people occupied the other. Spent shell casings were found on the scene.

When King was located, investigators say, he stated he was trying to see whether the gun's safety was on and it "went off numerous times" while in his hand. Authorities say he stated that he had been drinking vodka during this incident.

Records state that a witness in the vehicle told investigators that King used a handgun to fire multiple rounds from a moving vehicle.

King was arrested on April 26 and booked into the Ouachita Correction Center on a charge of aggravated assault by drive-by shooting.

No one was injured in the shooting.

Latest News

Latest News