Catahoula utility worker gets 14,000-volt shock
An electric company lineman in Louisiana is recovering from injuries suffered after he inadvertently touched a high-voltage line.
The Northeast Louisiana Ambulance Service says in a news release that the worker, whose name was not released, was working in a bucket truck Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. in Catahoula Parish when he touched the line.
The release says sheriff's deputies were on the scene within minutes, followed by emergency medical service personnel.
Ambulance service spokesman Shane Scott says the victim was hospitalized for burn care and was reported as "stable and improving."
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)