MONROE, La (KNOE) - Staci Choate joined us in studio to talk about the 13th annual Krewe of Paws Mardi Gras Pet Parade. This annual parade fundraiser is where a large portion of our funding comes from that allows us to rescue and spay/neuter so many pets each year! You can help raise the MOST money yet with this year's parade! How?
1) Register your pet(s) and participate in the parade!
2) Bring the kids out and play some of the games before the parade (go fish, ring toss, bean bag toss, etc). Game tickets will be sold near where the games are set up.
3) Stop by our merchandise tent and purchase some beads to throw or some PAWS gear (parade t-shirt...while supplies last, hoodies, hats, t-shirts and more)
4) Drop a donation in one of the donation jars around our parade staging area
5) Can't make it to the parade? You can still help :) Make a donation here and include a note that it's for the parade fundraiser!
Extended Pre-registration starts 2/1/19 and closes on 2/10/19 at 8pm. Entry fee is $25 for your first pet and $10 for each additional pet. Costume & float contest entry fees are $5 each. You can register your pet for the costume contest OR the float contest but not both. You can purchase beads online for $10 (bag of 4 dozen) and pick them up when you check in on parade day. If you'd like to purchase additional parade shirts, you can do that online as well.