MONROE,La (KNOE) - The 13th Annual Krewe of PAWS Mardi Gras Pet Parade will be rolling through West Monroe on Feb. 16th at 11:00 am. The theme is "Under the Big Top".
PARADE DAY SCHEDULE:
11:00 - Parade registration, children's games ($1 per ticket or $25 for All You Can Play), food/snack sales begin
12:00 - Contest judging begins (Winners will be announced immediately following the contests)
1:00 - Parade line up
1:30 - Parade rolls
Parade will begin in the 100 block of Commerce Street and proceed to the Pine Street intersection. Parade will turn left onto Pine Street. Parade will turn left onto Trenton Street. Parade will turn left onto Wood Street and then left back onto Commerce Street.
1. Animals must be current on vaccinations
2. No aggressive animals or females that are in season
3. We welcome all pets, however, we do not allow horses, ponies or livestock to be entered into the parade as they may scare the dogs.
4. Animals must be on a NON-retractable leash (or in a carrier) and in control by their owner at ALL times. Retractable leashes are NOT allowed.
5. Pet owners MUST pooper scoop after their dogs.
6. NO motorized floats allowed. Floats are welcome and encouraged. Floats can be created using wagons, carts, strollers, anything with wheels that does not have a motor. NO bicycles or rollerblades as these can scare the animals.
7. NO candy, small trinkets or dog treats are allowed to be thrown as they can be a safety/choking hazard to pets. Please ONLY throw beads, cups or larger non-edible items! From past parade participants, we have heard that you will want to bring a minimum of 4 dozen beads or else you will run out before the end of the parade.