MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - UPDATE: Tuesday Jan 10, 2017
Courtesy: Jennifer Hensley
Victim has been released from the hospital and identified as Kelsey-Jo Sharp. Sharp is a exchange student at ULM. She did not sustain life threatening injuries, but was treated for smoke inhalation.
Original Monday Jan, 2017
One person was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out at an apartment complex on 129 Jennifer Lane in Monroe around 9 p.m. Monday. The Ouachita Parish Fire Department says it doesn't know the extent of the person's injuries yet.
Only one of the four units in the building caught fire. The fire department is still working to put out any hot spots before checking on how badly the apartment is damaged.
We will continue to follow this story and update you as new information becomes available.