The Delhi Clinic Diabetic Foot Care Program is committed to reducing the number of foot and leg amputations among diabetic patients that result from complications of Diabetes Mellitus. The goal of this program is prevention.
The PREVENTION focuses on the basic concepts required to make this program a success:
- Screening for sensation
- Circulation Measurements
- Patient Education
- Assistance with appropriate footwear selection—in partnership with Methodist Rehab
Recel Delaine Harris, FNP
Specializing in Wound Care
Ms. Harris received her training at the Medical University of South Carolina at Charleston. She has over 10 years experience in wound care treatment and diabetic foot care.
Delhi, La 71232
Tel: (318) 878-3737
Fax: (318) 878-9682
Delhi Rural Health Clinic
Services Include the Treatment of:
- Arterial/venous diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Slow-healing or non-healing wounds
- Optimized wound healing with the appropriate lab work.
- Consulting and working closely with home health agencies and nursing homes to ensure continuity of care (Medical Transportation is available.)
For more information call (318) 878-6444.
Do you suffer from Diabetes?
If you have a diagnosis of diabetes, it is important that you are aware of the current recommendations regarding management of diabetes and prevention of complications from diabetes. If you have questions regarding these guidelines, please feel free to discuss these with your physician. If you have not received a yearly diabetic foot exam you may call (318) 878-3737 to schedule an appointment.
(Diabetic foot care and screening exams are covered by Medicare.)