Toddler gets locked in hot car, dies - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Toddler gets locked in hot car, dies

Posted: Updated:

BUFORD, S.C. (AP) - A 3-year-old northern South Carolina boy has died several days after being locked in a hot car for a time.

Officials say Logan Cox died Sunday morning at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Lancaster County Coroner Mike Morris says the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office in Charlotte hasn't determined the cause of the boy's death.

The Lancaster County sheriff's office says Logan suffered severe heat stroke last Wednesday after he climbed into a car at the family's home in Buford and became trapped.

Deputies said it appeared the boy left the home without his mother's knowledge. Authorities don't know how long the boy had been in the car before he was found.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.