Insufficient evidence in stepson death case - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Insufficient evidence in stepson death case

Posted: Updated:
© MGN Online © MGN Online

HERNANDO, Miss. (KNOE 8 News/AP) - The 28-year-old stepmother charged in the death of her husband's 2-year-old son was released from jail after a judge ruled that police did not have sufficient proof to hold her in custody until a grand jury meets next month.

Patrica Gayle Redman was charged last week with capital murder in the death of Benjamin Alexander Redman.

The boy died Jan. 22 and police ruled his death a homicide after the medical examiner's report said the boy died from blunt force trauma to the head.

During a preliminary hearing on the matter Tuesday, Judge James McGarrh said he had doubts about the probable cause and decided there was not enough evidence presented to hold Patricia Redman on the murder charge.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.