KNOE 8 News announces the winners of the "Win the Metals" contest!
SILVER winner: Rhonda White of Monroe, La.
GOLD winner: John Sartin of Winnsboro, La.
NOTE: The value of this prize depends on the value of the metals at the time of winning. For your reference, there is a display of current metal rates on this page [if viewed on a desktop pc], if this information is not displayed for you on your device, please visit http://money.cnn.com/data/commodities/ for current rates.
Q: What year did "Criminal Minds" premiere?
Q: What television program did Robin Williams first star in?
A: Mork & Mindy
Q: What is Tom Selleck's character name in "Blue Bloods"?
A: Frank Reagan
Q: How did Ashton Kutcher's character become a millionaire on "Two and a half Men"?
A: Internet, Selling website to Microsoft
Q: What year did The Beatles win their first Grammy?
A: 1965 -- source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Annual_Grammy_Awards
Q: What hit CBS program did Marg Helgenberger star in before "Intelligence"?
Q: How may seasons has "NCIS" been on?
A: Currently in its 11th season, NCIS has been on for 10 seasons.
[11 or 10 seasons are accepted as correct answers]
Q: What star played FBI Agent Jason Gideon when "Criminal Minds" first premiered in 2005?
A: Mandy Patinkin
Q: What is the actress' name that plays Dr. Joan Watson in "Elementary"?
A: Lucey Liu
Q: What year did "Undercover Boss" first premiere?
A: 2010 (U.S)
Q: What city are the bands from in tonight's episode of "48 Hours"?
A: New Orleans, La.
Q: What was the name of the serial killer that Patrick Jane finally found and killed?
A: Red John
Q: How many seasons has "How I Met Your Mother" been on CBS?
A: Currently in its 9th season, the show has been on for 8 seasons.
[9 or 8 seasons are accepted as correct answers]
Q: What is actor LL Cool J's character name in "NCIS: Los Angeles"?
A: Sam Hanna
Q: What city does "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" take place in?
A: Las Vegas
Q: What is Leonard and Sheldon's proffession in "The Big Bang Theory"?
Q: Alex O'Laughlin's character, Steve Garrett, in Hawaii Five-O is a former what?
A: Navy Seal
Q: What year did "48 Hours" premiere?
Q: How much money do the winners of "The Amazing Race" receive?
A: 1 Million Dollars
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. No purchase is necessary.
2. Unless specified, only legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests.
3. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules.
4. (2) Two Prize Winners.
5. Contest begins on February 5, 2014 and ends on February 24, 2014 at 6:00pm, with the Prize Winners being announced during KNOE 8 News at SIX on Monday February 24, 2014 .
6. The geographic scope of this promotion is the following state(s): Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi. Louisiana sponsors of this Contest are Hoak Media, Inc. d/b/a KNOE-TV (hereinafter referred to as the Station).
7. Employees of Sponsors and of the affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, franchisees, promoters, and agents of any of these sponsors, and the immediate families of the employees of any of these sponsors, are not eligible. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the contest/sweepstakes or supplying the prize, and their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
8. The odds of winning are based upon the number of correct entries received.
10. Description of prizes: (1) One Grand Prize consisting of 1oz. Gold; (1) One secondary prize consisting of 22oz of Silver.
Value of prizes are based on current GOLD and SILVER market rates and are listed in a LIVE web Widget on this page for Reference [may not display on all devices; use a desktop pc for best results!] or via this link: http://money.cnn.com/data/commodities/
11. To enter the Contest, submit your information in the contest form located here on KNOE.com – contest form not available on the KNOE mobile site or apps.
Any entry received without the required information will not be entered.
12. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsors shall be entitled to interpret these rules as needed including but not limited to rules regarding entries, selection of winner, deadlines, restrictions on prizes, and eligibility and all of their decisions are final. By entering, participants agree to these Official Rules. The Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest or any part of this Contest should any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or other causes beyond its control, corrupt or impair the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of this Contest as determined by the Station in its sole discretion. The Station and Hoak Media, Inc. are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by the Station by the deadline stated above. The Station and Hoak Media, Inc. are also not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Contest or downloading of any software or materials.
13. For a copy of the Official Rules, stop by the Station during normal business hours, visit www.knoe.com, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Contest Rules – WIN THE GOLD c/o KNOE-TV 1400 Oliver Road, Monroe, LA 71201.
14. By winning, contestants agree to award Sponsors the right to publicize their names, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner's photograph on Sponsors web pages), likenesses, biographical information, e-mail address, voices and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation.
15. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with this Contest in any way will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.