Monroe mall fire - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Monroe mall fire

Posted: Updated:

MONROE,La.(KNOE 8 News)-A faulty space heater may be to blame for a fire at the Twin City Shopping Center.
When Monroe City Fire crews arrived at about 10:30 Thursday night the found two spaces being used as offices at the former mall on fire.
   The fire was put out but several other businesses suffered smoke damage.
   Fire investigators tell us a space heater was found plugged into a power strip where the fire originated.
   Right now, it's believed either the space heater or the power strip caused the fire.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.