UPDATE: Funeral for 107 year old Arkansas man who died in shooto - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

UPDATE: Funeral for 107 year old Arkansas man who died in shootout

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy: WTHV, CBS affiliate Courtesy: WTHV, CBS affiliate


PINE BLUFF, Ark. (KTHV, AP) - A funeral for the 107-year-old man killed during a shootout with S.W.A.T. authorities is held Saturday.

The funeral service for Monroe Isadore, 107, will be held at Mt. Carmel Missionary Baptist Church, 900 South Grant Street, in Pine Bluff at 3:00 pm.

According to Brown Funeral Home in Pine Bluff, Isadore's survivors include three sons, seven daughters, 27 grandchildren and 66 great-grandchildren.

Isadore was killed last Saturday evening during an incident with Pine Bluff police and S.W.A.T. team officers.

Previous story:

PINE BLUFF, Ark. (KTHV) - A 107-year old Pine Bluff man died Saturday after a shootout with officers and S.W.A.T. members, according to our CBS affiliate, KTHV, in Little Rock.

The Pine Bluff Police Dept. released the following information about the incident on Saturday evening:

"On September 7, 2013, at approximately 4:25 p.m., Officers of the Pine Bluff Police Department responded to a disturbance at 1411 W. 16th.

When they arrived, they were able to determine that an Aggravated Assault had occurred against two people at the residence. The suspect, Monroe Isadore (M, 107 years old), had pointed a weapon at them. The officers had the two victims leave the residence, for their safety, and approached the door to the bedroom where Isadore was supposed to be.

When officers announced themselves, Isadore shot through the door at them. No officer was hit or injured by the gunfire. The officers retreated to a safer area and supervisors and additional help were called. Supervisors began negotiating with Isadore as soon as they arrived. S.W.A.T. (Special Weapons and Tactics) was also called out.

Negotiations continued for some time and when S.W.A.T arrived, negotiations still continued. S.W.A.T. was able to insert a camera into the room, where Isadore was, and confirmed he was armed with a handgun. S.W.A.T. inserted gas into the room, after it was evident negotiations were unsuccessful, in hopes Isadore would surrender peacefully. When the gas was inserted into the room, Isadore fired rounds at the S.W.A.T. officers that had inserted the gas from outside a bedroom window.

Shortly afterwards, a S.W.A.T. entry team, inside the residence, breached the door to the bedroom and threw a distraction device into the bedroom. Isadore then began to fire on the entry team and the entry team engaged Isadore, killing him.

The investigation is still ongoing."

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.