Kitchen fire spreads to attic at Monroe home - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Kitchen fire spreads to attic at Monroe home

Posted: Updated:
Scene of Fire // Photo by Jillian Corder, KNOE Scene of Fire // Photo by Jillian Corder, KNOE

MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - Fire crews worked to contain a house fire on Monroe's southside Monday afternoon.

Crews tell KNOE that the fire sparked in the kitchen of the home on the 3000 block of Lee Avenue.

Someone was home cooking when the fire started and call 911. According to fire officials, the fire spread from the kitchen into the attic. Crews worked with saws to cut openings in the roof of the home to ventilate the smoke.

No injuries have been reported.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.