BREAKING NEWS: One building at theWindsor Inn burned today - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Building at Monroe's Windsor Inn Apartments burns

Posted: Updated:

UPDATE:  The Monroe Fire Department has brought in its large ladder truck in to help with the blaze.  The department is spraying the fire from above. Fire officials say that everyone was successfully evacuated both from the hotel and from the nearby Dollar General Store.

According to Fire Chief Terry Williams, the center building, containing 24 units, caught fire. The fire is believed to have started at the South end of the building.

Chief Williams said that about the time the first trucks arrived, the fire raced through the attic.

At this time no major injuries have been reported.

Monroe fire units are still on the scene working the fire and we'll update the story as it develops further.

ORIGINAL STORY:

MONROE, La.  (KNOE 8 News) - Breaking News in Monroe this afternoon.  The Windsor Inn is on fire.

The hotel is located in the 2200 block of Louisville Avenue.  A full wing of the hotel is blazing currently.

The Monroe Fire Department is on the scene battling the blaze.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.