Ruston Elem. Students sent to hospital after eating dye tablets - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Ruston Elem. Students sent to hospital after eating dye tablets

Posted: Updated:

RUSTON, La. (KNOE 8 News) - Several students at Ruston Elementary School were sent to the hospital after ingesting Easter egg dye tablets.

According to the Lincoln Parish School Board, an elementary student passed around what he thought was candy to a few other students. Four students became ill after ingesting the "candy" and were sent to the hospital for further check-up.

The school board confirms that the items in question were colored tablets used to dye Easter eggs. Parents were notified immediately, and the four students have been released from the hospital.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.