Fire at Monroe Salvation Army warehouse - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Update:Fire at Monroe Salvation Army warehouse

Posted: Updated:
Photo by KNOE Photo by KNOE
Photo by KNOE Photo by KNOE

MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - Officials tell KNOE 8 News a fire at the Salvation Army warehouse in Monroe was caused by a halogen light. We have also learned that smoke damage has ruined virtually all of the donations being stored in the facility.

Pictures from the scene reveal extensive damage to merchandise that was collected to sell in the Salvation Army stores. Our Victoria Shirley has talked with Salvation Army officials about the loss and how it will affect operations. She will have live reports on KNOE 8 News at 5p & 6p.

Reports indicate two units were dispatched to the warehouse on Hart Street just after 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.