More than a million Arkansas dollars went astray - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

More than a million Arkansas dollars went astray

Posted: Updated:

LITTLE ROCK, Ar., (KNOE 8 News) - Legislative auditors say Arkansas' Medicaid program paid more than $1.3 million to ineligible recipients since 2009, and a House Republican leader says it points to the need for reforms in the $5 billion program.

The Arkansas Division of Legislative Audit said Friday the error rate among recipients it's tested for eligibility increased from 3.2 percent in 2011 to 14 percent last year. But the Department of Human Services said that increase reflects a change in the types of recipients legislative auditors tested.

DHS had wrangled with lawmakers last week over the release of the audit and complained that an early version of the report was using questionable methodology. Legislative audit delayed the report's release as they talked with DHS about the concerns.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.