Overnight fire torches West Monroe home - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Overnight fire torches West Monroe home

Posted: Updated: Jan 15, 2013 08:42 AM

WEST MONROE, LA. (KNOE 8 News) - A fire broke out inside a home on Herman Street in West Monroe early Tuesday morning around 4:30 a.m.

KNOE 8 News has confirmed there was at least one man living in the home at the time but he is uninjured.

West Monroe fire investigators told KNOE 8 News that the home looks to be a total loss. It is currently unsafe to be in so they are bringing in crews to tear it down so they can mop up any hot spots left.

As of right now, firefighters could not confirm the cause of the fire but they did say the home was heated by space heaters.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.