Two campers die in Claiborne Parish - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

Two campers die in Claiborne Parish

Posted: Updated: Jan 2, 2013 10:46 AM
Wikipedia.com Wikipedia.com

HOMER, La. (KNOE 8 News & AP) - Claiborne Parish authorities say two people died from carbon monoxide poisoning while in a pop-up camper.

Sheriff Ken Bailey reports 50-year-old Paul Pitts and 47-year-old Linda Scott were pronounced dead Sunday. Authorities say they fell asleep and never woke up. Bailey says the victims were found in a pop-up camper that was inside a metal building near the Summerfield community northeast of Homer.  

He says a generator was being used to power an electric heater. The generator was inside the building.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.