KNOE 8 News, Monroe, fire, elderly woman, critical condition - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |

UPDATE: Elderly woman dies after house fire Friday

Posted: Updated: Oct 5, 2012 10:04 PM

MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - Firefighters are looking into the cause of a Monroe house fire that left a Monroe women dead. The fire sparked in the 3800 block of Forsythe Avenue around 7pm Friday evening. Neighbors say the 78-year-old woman lived alone and that a person passing by saw smoke coming from the house and called 911. Neighbors tell us the homeowner suffers from an illness.

"She has ms so it was a little hard for her to get around so you know we all looked after her and helped her," neighbor Debbie Rivers said.

Neighbors say the victim has relatives heading to our area from Lafayette. Firefighters are looking into where the fire started.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KNOE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.