2 cups & 1 tsp all purpose flour (divide portions)
1 Tbsp baking powder
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Dash of Nutmeg
1 tsp salt
8 Tbsp (1 stick) cold butter diced
½ cup half & half
4 ounces Swiss cheese diced
3 green onions diced
7 strips bacon or ½ lb sausage (cooked and crumbled)
Egg wash (1 egg beat with 1 tsp water)
1) Pre heat oven 375 degrees. Set aside lined (parchment paper) baking sheet.
2) Toss together cooked meat, onions & cheese. Toss with 1 tsp flour. Set aside.
3) Combine flour, baking powder, pepper, nutmeg & salt. Cut butter into mixture. Lightly beat eggs and half & half. Add to flour mixture. Add meat mixture. Use wooden spoon to gently fold all the ingredients together.
4) Place dough onto a floured surface and knead gently for about 1 minute. Pat dough to ¾ to 1 inch thick. Cut into circles using 3 inch biscuit cutter. Place scones onto prepared baking sheet, brush tops with egg water.
5) Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.